Pub Quiz Rules
1. No cheating at trivia.
2. No cheating at trivia.
3. All present here must pay the $5 entry fee. The entry fee is non-refundable. No limits on team size.
4. The game is composed of three rounds of ten questions each, and a bonus round worth 15 points. At the end of each round, you'll turn in your answers and we'll score them. After an intermission we'll announce the correct answers to the previous rounds and the team scores.
5. One answer per question slot. No extra answers, please. Incorrect extra answers will be subject to penalty.
6. No outside help for questions. No shouting out answers. No use of electronic devices or reference books to help your team answer quiz questions. No laptops or references books allowed in the quiz area, not even between rounds. Leave them at home, please—or at least in your car. Cell phones may only be used between rounds. If you have an emergency use of your cell phone, please excuse yourself for the remainder of that round to do so.
7. In the event of a tie, the tied teams will be asked five sudden-death tiebreaker questions. If there is still a tie after sudden-death overtime, then the tie will be decided by a closest-to-the-pin type question.
8. Trivia-host Den may take some measures to promote the competitive balance of the Pub Quiz competition.
9. The quiz host is the final arbiter of all quiz answers and Pub Quiz rules. Any ethical rule in the interest of fair play may be enforced by the quiz master even if not specifically delineated above.